The Five Main Synthesis Effects of Humic Acid
1. Humic acid is an organic colloidal material with the function of water absorption and storage. The cation exchange capacity of humic acid is large, and it has strong adsorption and chelating ability, which can improve nutrient utilization rate of soil and buffer acid and base harm.
Humic acid is an organic macromolecular colloid, which has a strong function of water absorption and storage. The water absorption rate of clay particles is generally 50%~60%, while the water absorption rate of humic acid substances can reach up to 500%~600%. Therefore, the use of humic acid fertilizers is conducive to improving soil moisture conditions.
2. Humic acid is a high quality soil improver and can improve soil structure and determine soil fertility of organic and inorganic complex, inorganic mineral colloids generally in the soil content of more than 95%, have a certain impact on soil basic fertilizer, and cannot be changed through artificial measures. Organic colloid is humic acid substances, generally only about 5% of the organic and inorganic complex, but it is the same important role as mineral colloid, and can be controlled by artificial measures. Using organic fertilizer, humic acid fertilizer soil conditioner and soil can increase soil humic acids content.
Humic acid become an adhesive for the formation of soil aggregate structure, improves the soil organic and inorganic composite degree, increases the soil water-stable aggregate with large grain size, and improves the soil structure. Therefore, using humic acid based fertilizer can effectively improve the physical structure of all kinds of soil.
3. Applying humic acid liquid fertilizer on the leaves can reduce stomatal conductance, reduce transpiration and loss of water. The stomatal conductance of wheat leaves was 33.7% lower than that of control. According to the research of China academy of agricultural sciences, wheat spraying fulvic acid not only reduced stomatal conductance of leaves, but also reduced stomatal opening and stomatal closing, and provided nutrients for wheat.
4. Humic acid can stimulate the growth of crop roots and enhance the water absorption capacity of roots. Humic acid contains a variety of functional groups with chemical and biological activities, which have the effect of stimulating the growth and development of crops, enabling early germination of seeds, early emergence of seedlings, early flowering and early setting of fruits, increasing root length, root quantity and root activity, and enhancing the ability of crop roots to absorb nutrients and water.
5. Humic acid can enhance the physiological regulation function of plants and improve the cold resistance of crops. Application of humic acid fertilizer can enhance the enzyme activity in soil and plant body, regulate the physiological metabolism function of crops, and enhance the adaptability of crops to adverse environmental conditions.