Potassium Humate can Improve Soil Hardening
There are some problems with the soil in many areas, including soil hardening, salinity and acidification, among which soil hardening is a common problem.
Factors causing soil hardening
- The dosage of organic fertilizer on farmland is seriously not enough, which leads to the low content of soil organic matter and poor structure, and affects the activity of microorganisms. This situation will affect the formation of soil aggregate structure, cause the imbalance of soil pH, and finally soil hardening.
- Too many plastic products can also cause soil hardening. For example, plastic mulch or plastic products are not completely cleaned up. They cannot be decomposed in the soil, which will form harmful lumps and block the soil voids and cause soil hardening.
- Long-term single application of chemical fertilizer is the main factor of soil hardening.
- Accumulation of harmful substances. The content of toxic substances in groundwater and industrial wastewater is high in some areas. Long-term irrigation in such areas can lead to excessive accumulation of toxic substances that can cause surface soil to harden.
Measures to improve soil hardening
- Reduce the amount of chemical fertilizer and improve farmers' understanding of various fertilizers. The application of chemical fertilizers should combine with crop yield and soil fertility. This not only controls the amount of fertilizer applied blindly but also reduces the unreasonable input, thus increasing economic benefits.
- Promote dry farming. Advocates the use of sprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation, etc...
- Apply fertilizers reasonably. VitalYield suggests the application of potassium humate series products at the same time as fertilization. It can eliminate soil hardening, improve soil permeability and capacity of water & fertilizer retention.